Many pet owners and breeders prefer to prepare
their own food and treats. Home prepared treats and foods are often more nutritious.
and you can be sure what they contain. This recipe for dog treats was
contributed by Faith Heinauer who is a caterer, cookbook author, columnist,
and the creative force behind her website, Break
Coda is dressed up for Halloween to get her treats!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 275°.
2. In a large bowl: combine the flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, baking powder and water.
3. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll the dough out to a ½-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheets.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Brush the glaze on the biscuits.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans, and bake for an additional 20 - 30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and firm.
Our Thanks To:
Faith Heinauer is a chef, cookbook author, columnist, and the creative force behind her website, Break Eggs.com Sign up for tasty bi-weekly newsletter!